5.01.2012

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week - Day 1

Some of the fashion industry's most influential are now here in Sydney for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week!
Buyers, celebrities, media and bloggers are all flocking to beautiful Circular Quay where most of the shows will be held and are all ready to flaunt their style on the streets and in the shows.
Notable names include the one and only Bryan Boy, Rumi Neely from Fashiontoast, Tim Blanks from Style.com and Susie Bubble from Style Bubble.

Day 1 included shows from designers Romance Was Born, Kirrily Johnston, Manning Cartellthe quirky Gary Bigeni and Dylan Cooper (where my colleague Jamie Regan was doing backstage photography, check out his fashion photography HERE).

My favourite collection from the day were from the simply rebellious Ksubi.

Ksubi SS12/13






The moment I received an invite to the Ghost Shoppe screening in my email for Ksubi, I could not hold my excitement. I attended the screening in a crowd of undeniably anticipating fashionistas and fashionistos, but I could feel the tension in the room, as if we all thought the same thing - "What does Ksubi have in store for us next?"

Well, the show proved that they had London luxury street wear right at the top of their minds, with a lot of denim, grey cotton jersey, leather sneakers, silver pvc and of course the infamous hibiscus and palm tree prints... which Ksubi knew exactly how to pull off with a rough edge. I cannot wait to get my hands on some of the pieces in the collection!

Images taken by me @ The Ghost Shoppe screening

No comments:

Post a Comment